Wednesday 6 May 2015

Beak Sync Animation - Super Scary Hat

I was originally going to animate Mac a character I made last year. But drawing feather fingers were proving to be difficult for me. I settled with a penguin (named Pod) after imagining the character talking to fancily dressed penguins about his silly hat. Parts of Mac is still in his design though.

The voice clip is from Team Fortress 2 of the character Scout.



This animation was something I was very comfortable in doing. I decided to go for a little more broad and cartoony approach to the acting and animation with a little bit more squash/stretch. The previous two audio sync animations were more on the "realistic" side to the animation, so I wanted to do less of that. I could have pushed it more but I'm satisfied with how it turned out. I was a lot more loose in animating this one and it turned out pretty fun to do! And I was so worried about animating a beak but it wasn't as bad as I thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment